Dust jacket, endsheets, and interior illustrations by Gary Gianni.
About the Book:
Taking place nearly a century before the events of A Game of Thrones, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms compiles the first three official prequel novellas to George R. R. Martin’s ongoing masterwork, A Song of Ice and Fire. These never-before-collected adventures recount an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne, and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living consciousness.
Before Tyrion Lannister and Podrick Payne, there was Dunk and Egg. A young, naïve but ultimately courageous hedge knight, Ser Duncan the Tall towers above his rivals—in stature if not experience. Tagging along is his diminutive squire, a boy called Egg—whose true name (hidden from all he and Dunk encounter) is Aegon Targaryen. Though more improbable heroes may not be found in all of Westeros, great destinies lay ahead for these two…as do powerful foes, royal intrigue, and outrageous exploits.
Featuring more than 160 all-new illustrations by Gary Gianni, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is a must-have collection that proves chivalry isn’t dead—yet.
Our edition will be slightly oversize, likely with the following features:
- All of the art from the trade hardcover;
- Printed on 80# Finch;
- The full color endsheets as a wraparound dust jacket;
- A completely new set of endsheets;
- 8-10 of the full-page interior illustrations (b&w in the trade) rendered in color in our edition;
The lettered edition will:
- Be custom bound, likely in leather and cloth, by far the most lavish GRRM production we've ever published;
- Sport an original Garry Gianni remarque in each copy;
Limited: 750 signed numbered hardcover copies, housed in a custom slipcase
Lettered: 52 signed copies, bound in leather and cloth, housed in a custom traycase
- Gary Gianni
- George R. R. Martin
- 360 pages
- United States
- Out of Print