Dust jacket and interior illustrations (exclusive to the limited edition) by Vincent Chong.
In this expanded edition of Robert McCammon’s classic short story collection, you will encounter horrors and delights in equal measure, including:
- A man who awakens one morning to find a skeleton in bed where his wife had been the night before.
- A small-time thief who steals a makeup case, and learns a dead horror star's secret.
- A roadside diner, where a Vietnam veteran comes seeking shelter from the storm.
- A young man in prison, who finds beauty and hope on the wings of a yellow bird.
- Halloween in a very special residential area, where trick-or-treating is deadly serious.
- A red house on a street of gray houses, and a breath of sweet fire.
- The adventures of a has-been serial hero, who dons his old costume and goes in search of a serial killer.
- A priest obsessed by a porno star, and his realization that both of them are being stalked by a third shadow.
- An old woman who channels early, simpler times in a melancholy Bradburyesque future.
We will see worlds within worlds through the windows of these stories. We might even see the end of the world, and we might sit on a front porch for a while and sip a glass of gasoline on a hot December day.
Limited: 1000 signed numbered hardcover copies, with exclusive full-color illustrations
Lettered: 52 signed leatherbound copies, housed in a custom traycase
=Trade Paperback Set: Blue World, The Hunter from the Woods, They Thirst; each signed by the author: Only 350 signed sets
Table of Contents:
- Yellowjacket Summer
- Doom City
- Yellachile’s Cage
- I Scream Man!
- He’ll Come Knocking at Your Door
- Night Calls the Green Falcon
- The Red House
- Something Passed By
- Blue World
- Strange Candy (previously uncollected)
- White (previously uncollected)
- Children of the Bedtime Machine (previously uncollected)
- Vincent Chong
- Robert McCammon
- 432 pages
- United States
- Out of Print