Gentleman Junkie and other stories of the hung-up generation
|Trade Edition -- Gentleman Junkie Only||$45.00|
|Limited Edition Matching Set||SOLD OUT|
Dust jacket by Leo and Diane Dillon.
Raw, vital, uncopromising—here are portraits of the lost, the damned, the helpless, trying to get a handle on life. A startling collection of “hip” stories by an impressive young writer, torn from the shadows of the twilight world.
Limited: 250 signed numbered sets including one copy of Gentleman Junkie and one copy of The Deadly Streets, bound in leather, the two volumes housed in a custom slipcase.
Trade: 750 fully cloth bound hardcover copies
Table of Contents:
- Foreword: by Frank M. Robinson
- Introduction: The Children of the Nights
- Final Shtick
- Gentleman Junkie
- May We Also Speak? Four Statements from the Hung-Up Generation
- Daniel White for the Greater Good
- Lady Bug, Lady Bug
- Free with this Box!
- There's One on Every Campus
- At the Mountains of Blindness
- This is Jackie Spinning
- No Game for Children
- The Late, Great Arnie Draper
- High Dice
- Enter the Fantastic, Stage Center
- Someone is Hungrier
- Memory of a Muted Trumpet
- Sally in Our Alley
- The Silence of Infidelity
- Have Coolth
- RFD #2
- No Fourth Commandment
- The Night of Delicate Terrors
From Publishers Weekly:
“In his informative introduction to this collection of 22 stories originally published in 1961, Ellison states this is the book that ‘was most pivotal in changing my life.’ Writing these provocative tales led to an awareness of his concern with social problems, minorities, and injustice—and his involvement with civil rights, antiwar protests, and feminism… These are vibrant, moving stories from an increasingly confident young writer embarking on a remarkably productive career.”