(preorder—to be published in May/June)
Dust jacket and interior illustrations by Ben Baldwin.
- You may only order this title if you have received an email inviting you to do so. Please mention your copy number of Unbury Carol when placing your order.
- This title must be ordered by itself.
About the Book:
Josh Malerman is a master at unsettling you—and keeping you off-balance until the last page is turned.”
—Chuck Wendig, New York Times bestselling author of Blackbirds
NOMINATED FOR THE BRAM STOKER AWARD
Boys are being trained at one school for geniuses, girls at another. Neither knows the other exists—until now. The New York Times bestselling author of Bird Box invites you into a world of secrets and chills in a coming-of-age story like no other.
J is a student at a school deep in a forest far away from the rest of the world.
J is one of only twenty-six students, all of whom think of the school’s enigmatic founder as their father. J’s peers are the only family he has ever had. The students are being trained to be prodigies of art, science, and athletics, and their life at the school is all they know—and all they are allowed to know.
But J suspects that there is something out there, beyond the pines, that the founder does not want him to see, and he’s beginning to ask questions. What is the real purpose of this place? Why can the students never leave? And what secrets is their father hiding from them?
Meanwhile, on the other side of the forest, in a school very much like J’s, a girl named K is asking the same questions. J has never seen a girl, and K has never seen a boy. As K and J work to investigate the secrets of their two strange schools, they come to discover something even more mysterious: each other.
Signed Limited Hardcover Edition:
- Limited to only 400 signed and hand-numbered copies
- Personally signed by Josh Malerman and Ben Baldwin on a specially designed full-colour illustrated signature page
- Larger 6.14” x 9.21” trim size
- Printed on a heavier 100gsm acid-free paper
- Bound in premium cloth with coloured head and tail bands
- Featuring six interior illustrations including two printed in full colour on a special silk art stock & tipped into the book
- Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
- Sewn binding for increased durability
- Dust jacket artwork and interior illustrations by Ben Baldwin
- Josh Malerman
- Ben Baldwin