Trilobite: the Writing of Threshold
|Limited Edition||SOLD OUT|
|Lettered Edition||SOLD OUT|
Cover by Richard Kirk
As in Poppy Z. Brite's The Seed of Lost Souls, and David Morrell's Testament: the Unpublished Prologues, this huge (nearly 30,000 words!) chapbook contains rare glimpses into CaitlÌn R. Kiernan's new novel, Threshold. Inside you'll find alternate openings, deleted chapters, nonfiction related to the novel, and short stories about the same characters, most of it unpublished.
Trilobite: the Writing of Threshold will contain:
1. Author's Foreword—An essay on the writing of the book
2. Original Unused Prologue—“... the dead and the moonstruck…”
3. Second Unused Prologue—untitled
4. Original Chapter 4—“Dane” (completely excised from final ms.)
5. Excerpt from Original Chapter 1—untitled
6. Related Short Stories—
- “The Well of Stars and Shadow”—A prequel, with Dancy as a small child in the Florida swamps. (previously published only online)
- “In the Water Works (Birmingham, Alabama 1888)”—Essentially, a pro-prologue to Threshold, in which Chance Matthews' great-grandfater discovers the thing under the mountain.
8. Author's Afterword—An essay on the geology and paleontology of the area where Threshold is set—Birmingham and Red Mountain.
Trilobite: the Making of Threshold is available only from Subterranean Press, in two deluxe editions:
Limited: Limited to 500 signed numbered chapbooks
Lettered: Limited to 52 signed hardcover copies