We've a new Peter Crowther collection slated for late this summer. When thinking of Jewels in the Dust, the operaterive term is Bradburyesque.
About the Book.
In the pages of this latest collection of downright delicate, often enchanting and occasionally distressing stories from the pen of award-winning Peter Crowther you will encounter:
- two boys who discover an elaborate trap to capture fairies;
- a young musician haunted by the song 'Moonlight In Vermont';
- a small-time crook about to fall under the spell of London while, at the same time, rediscovering his wife;
- a family who happen across a store with a back door that takes you back to your favorite past;
- a Runyon-esque gambler with the strangest set of dice you ever saw;
- a couple jaded with their life together who are re-visited by their collective histories;
- an unusual visitor who rolls in one fall day under cover of a mighty thick fog just to touch base with someone he maybe once knew;
- a dying man who learns that most important of all lessons: his life has been more worthwhile than he realized; and
- a carnival come to visit the small turn-of-the-century Texas town of Gault, there to make a big impression on two young women on the cusp of…well, on the cusp of so many things.
You’ll laugh, you’ll cry and, by golly, you’ll want to sleep with the light on. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Limited: 750 signed numbered hardcover copies: $45